Faculty of Management Sciences
Dear (Prospective) Student, Welcome to the website for the Faculty of Management Sciences, National Open University of Nigeria. The Vice Chancellor of the National Open University of Nigeria, the Dean, Associate Professors and Lecturers of the Faculty of Management Sciences, all welcome your interest in studying at the National Open University. This website contains information on:
- The Faculty of Management Sciences.
- The Staff of the Faculty of Management Sciences.
- The Programmes available under the Faculty of Management Sciences.
- The Admission requirements for these programmes.
- Contact information for enquiries directed to the Faculty of Management Sciences.
we hope this website will be able to answer most of your questions. Please feel free to browse the information contained within this website. Thank you for visiting our website.
The Faculty has the primary mission of building skills and impacting practical knowledge at various academic levels through its state of the art distance learning programme initiated by the National Open University of Nigeria. The Faculty’s course delivery methods recognize the fact that the best way to reach a learner is to use the technology that the learner already has or can be made easily available to him or her. The Facultyl’s academic programme covers disciplines in Business and Public Administration.
Brief History of the School of Management Sciences
The Faculty of Management Sciences is one of the Academic Units of the National Open University of Nigeria established in the year 2002. The Faculty has the primary mission of building skills and impacting practical knowledge of management at various academic levels, through its state of the art distance learning programme within the framework of the National Open University of Nigeria. Our course delivery methods recognize the fact that the best way to reach a learner is to use the technology that the learner already has or can be made easily available to him or her. The basic course delivery method is that of the printed material. In addition, Audio, Video, and CD-ROMS are used as complementary media. Face-to-Face course contacts (tutorial classes) are also undertaken at the University’s various study centres around the country. This is to ensure participants’ comprehension of the courses offered by the School and to provide an avenue for learners to interact with one another during the course of the programme. Our faculty is drawn from the most excellent business and financial educators in the country and our full time and part time local faculty are all well known for their business and management education expertise.
The Vision of the Faculty is to be regarded as the foremost Business School in Nigeria and Africa in general, producing high quality Management Professionals capable of supporting her myriad of public and private concerns through well-structured, convenient, flexible and accessible education via the distance-learning mode.
The Faculty has the primary Mission of providing exceptional learning and cutting-edge technological know-how with added value required for survival in today’s global village.
We are denoted from other institutions by our qualifying statement which is to be known as a world class business school which provides a caring and personalized learning environment for the growth and development of our students as well as providing training and management solutions to organisations in Nigeria .
- We offer a wide range of executive and academic programmes. All can be custom-designed to suit specific company needs.
- The NOUN MBA is a world class business degree, structured to be different.
- Our MBA is modular, and designed to ensure flexible learning arrangement suitable to working class people as well as those who will be learning on a full-time basis.
- Our philosophy is to be a distance learning centre, providing interactive learning via our self-directed learning materials custom-designed to meet the needs of our learners and stakeholders.
- We are future-driven and committed to shaping executives for the business challenges to come.
- We are on the cutting edge of conceptual thinking about business and financial management.
- We offer a range of courses/programmes which includes B.Scprogrammes in Tourism Studies(for Old students) , Entrepreneurial and Business Management, Accounting, Hospitality Management as well as Cooperative Management and Catering & Hotel Management for Old students .We offer PGD in Public Administration and Business Administration. We also offer Masters in Public Administration (MPA) and MBA in a number of specializations. We have listed in our stable of programmes the Commonwealth Executive MBA and MPA. These are International programmes coordinated by a consortium of Open Universities under the auspices of the Commonwealth of Learning , Vancouver , Canada .
These are just a few of the reasons why the NOUN Faculty of Management Sciences is one of the leading business schools in Nigeria and first choice for many students looking to enhance both their business knowledge and skills base as well as their career prospects.
Duration of Programmes
NOUN operates a flexible mode of study which allows a student to determine the pace, place, time and medium of study. Students’ support facilities are available at all our Study Centres nationwide.Faculty NameManagement SciencesFaculty LocationLagosDeanDr. Osoba Samson BDeputy DeanDr kamaldeen LAWALDepartments in the FacultyAdministration
Students’ HandbookFMS HANDBOOK.pdf